Most of us don’t have time to be creating these beautiful creations every single night, but we do like a little variety and don’t want to feel like we’re eating the same thing every single day if we can help it. I’m trying some new things in order to show you all that you can create an interesting meal and eat healthily each and every night in 30 minutes or less.
When it comes to what I decide to eat and cook it kind of depends on how the wind is blowing for me. I usually just go with attainable and simple variations of what I feel like eating.
Today I was feeling tacos! But I didn’t want to go through all the trouble of chopping up and picking out my own vegetables (maybe one day..) so I got Carolina Salsa which has veggies and seasoning already in it. Then I picked out some fajita style Perdue chicken and some tortillas and voila~ Tacos were born!
- Carolina Style Salsa
- Grilled Fajita Chicken
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Start by chopping up your chicken into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add oil/cooking spray to a small frying pan on medium heat.
- Add 5-6 scoops of Carolina style salsa to your pan. Try to avoid adding as much liquid as possible.
- Add about 1/4 of your chicken to the pan and cook.
- Have another pan ready to warm up the tortilla. Whichever brand you purchase should have directions, but I warmed my pan up to medium heat and cooked on each side for about 15 seconds or until tender.
- Once the chicken and salsa are done cooking, put them on top of the tortilla and you’re finished! Chicken Soft Tacos can be served!
- (optional) You can drizzle on some shredded cheese if you want, but I thought they were just fine without it.
NOTE: The above directions make ONE serving. Repeat for the other three.
Servings: 4 (tacos)
Total Calories per serving ~ 246.5
Total Fat Calories per serving ~ 58.5
Macros per serving:
Fat: 6.5 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 21 g
**I usually have two and save the other two for later or share.